ALL ABOUT VARSITY TOWNHOUSES – Please read all of this info before you choose the Varsity housing option when registering!
This detailed information will help you decide if Varsity is right for you.
- Located off campus, about a 10 minute walk from the Dance Building. This is Varsity’s best feature – you will be hard-pressed to find anything else this close to the dance building!
- There is a natural foods market 1 block away; many other stores & restaurants are also conveniently nearby.
- Each furnished apartment has 2 bedrooms, 1½ bathrooms, kitchen, and living/dining room.
- Dorm style bedrooms are furnished with 2 twin (i.e., single) beds, 2 dressers, 2 closets, 2 desks, 2 chairs.
- Standard kitchen has refrigerator, stove & oven, microwave oven, dishwasher, sink.
- Laundry facilities (coin operated) in the building.
- Swimming pool
- These are not 100% “turn-key” apartments, they are furnished apartments but that said, we do provide a few supplies:
- 1 pillow per bed*
- 1 light blanket per bed*
- basic bed and bathroom linens* (these are basic linens. If you are particular about the quality of your linens, you may prefer to provide your own)
- basic cleaning supplies
- starter supply of toilet paper and paper towels
- a few essential kitchen items including dishes, cups, utensils, pot and pan
- Varsity apartments do not have internet, Wi-Fi, TV (unless tenants arrange to bring or purchase and have services connected during their stay) or air conditioning (and Boulder can be hot in summer). We do not provide portable room fans (often students purchase one during their stay.)
- Unless you request a specific roommate, you will be assigned a roommate of the same gender as you.
- There is no damage deposit and a cleaning charge is included in the rental charge, so it is not necessary to clean the apartment spotlessly when moving out. But if the apartment is left in unusually dirty or damaged condition, all persons sharing that apartment will be charged an additional cleaning/repair fee.
- Varsity is constantly painting units, replacing carpet and furniture, and so on, but not all units are upgraded simultaneously, so some units are in better condition than others. It is basically the “luck of the draw” whether you get a recently upgraded unit or not.
- If there are major problems in your apartment, they will be repaired and we will intervene if necessary to assure that happens. However, within the short time you are staying, you will have to accept that minor problems will probably not be repaired.
- Varsity is in “the hill” neighborhood – meaning your neighbors will be college students.