Levels of BJDW dance classes range from intermediate through advanced. (For 2-week Intensive, See Schedule page for more on levels of these classes offered)
Classes we offer in ABC order:
- Contemporary (most of our classes have a contemporary twist but some teachers focus on the genre known simply as contemporary)
- Contemporary Ballet
- Hip Hop Fusion (Weekend Workshop Only)
- Improv: Explore your own movement vocabulary in a supportive environment. Increase comfort level with improv for class, auditions, in the creative process and on stage.
- Inversions, Floorwork & Simple Acrobatic Moves (Weekend Workshop Only): This class will focus on taking your body to the floor, upside down and backwards safely.
- Jazz (various styles from eclectic to contemporary)
- Jazz Funk
- Modern/Contemporary Modern
- Performance Track classes: Jazz Repertory, Lyrical Repertory, Modern Repertory, Jazz Funk Repertory, and Choreo-Feedback. For descriptions of our Performance Track classes please see Student Performance page.
- Teaching Dance: A Saturday seminar for teachers and aspiring teachers, experienced and inexperienced teachers can benefit. Jump start or re-invigorate your teaching career here.
- Turns 101: Various takes on the techniques and secrets for better turns
For our level guidelines and requirements, please see our Level Placement Page.