Varsity Townhouses (off campus, furnished apartments)
This housing option is intended for full-time* Two-Week Intensive students 18 and older (or an adult chaperone with 3 full-time* students under 18 years old). Exceptions to the full-time requirement may be possible if we have vacancies. Private bedrooms will be available if we have last-minute vacancies.
*full-time = enrolled in ten (10) or more individual classes per week plus at least one (1) “Performance Track” Class. (Example: Modern, Noon Jazz, Hip Hop + Jazz Repertory)
14 to 17 nights: Check-in Thursday 7/20 through Sunday 7/23 (NOTE: Scholarship students must arrive no later than Friday 7/21 and only preplaced students may arrive on Sunday 7/23); Check-out Sunday 8/6
- $685 for a shared bedroom ($660 if student brings own pillow, sheets & towels) NOTE: starting July 3, the price is increased to $700 if BJDW supplies pillow, sheets & towels (price is still $660 if student brings own pillow, sheets & towels)
- $850 for a private room, if available; to be determined by July 17th. ($825 if student brings own pillow, sheets & towels)
- Located off campus, about a 10 minute walk from the Dance Building
- Each furnished apartment has 2 bedrooms, 1½ bathrooms, kitchen, and living/dining room.
- Dorm style bedrooms are furnished with 2 twin (i.e., single) beds, 2 dressers, 2 closets, 2 desks, 2 chairs.
- Standard kitchen has refrigerator, stove & oven, microwave oven, dishwasher, sink.
- Laundry facilities (coin operated) in the building
- Swimming pool
- There is a natural foods market 1 block away; many other stores & restaurants are also conveniently nearby.
Please be aware that we are not affiliated with Varsity, we simply arrange for our dancers to stay there! Varsity is basic college student housing – definitely not fancy – but the majority of our students have found the apartments livable and adequate for a 2-week stay. Varsity Apartments are the least expensive acceptable option we have been able to find for our students anywhere in Boulder and the location is perfect, even if the accommodations are nothing to write home about. Anyone wanting amenities such as air-conditioning, Wi-Fi, or cable TV, and for whom money is not a concern, will want to explore other options such as Airbnb, VRBO, or local hotels.
If you are planning to choose Varsity for your housing option, click on this link for more information you will want to know: All About Varsity
For interior pictures click here: (scroll down page for photos):