STUDENT PERFORMANCE 2017
A full theatrical formal performance including both student and faculty choreography will be held Friday, August 4th at 8:00 p.m. in the Charlotte Irey Studio Theatre. Dancers wishing to be involved in this production register for one or more of the Performance Track classes described below. These classes are only for students available for and committed to performing on August 4th.
Performance Track Classes:
- Choreo-Feedback is designed to give students the opportunity to receive constructive feedback on their work and a chance to present a dance piece in the BJDW performance on August 4th. Note that if two or more students plan to co-choreograph a dance, both or all must register.
- In Repertory (jazz, lyrical jazz, modern, hip hop) students will learn, rehearse, and perform a piece taught by a faculty member. Level Placement is required for Modern, Jazz, and Lyrical Jazz Repertory. Level Placement is not required for Hip Hop Repertory, but participants should be at least Intermediate level in Hip Hop.
- Jazz Repertory students are required to also register for Noon Jazz and/or Lyrical Jazz.
- Lyrical Jazz Repertory students are required to also register for Lyrical Jazz.
- Modern Repertory students are required to also register for Modern Technique. Ballet T/Th/Sat is strongly recommended as a warm-up for this class.
- Hip Hop Repertory students are required to also register for Hip Hop.
Required Dates for Performance Track Students
Students participating in Performance Track class must be available at the following dates/times in addition to the class times listed in our Schedule:
- Sunday 7/30/17, 9:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. – Technical Rehearsal
- Wednesday 8/2/17, 7:30 – 10:30 p.m. – Dress Rehearsal
- Friday 8/4/17, 6:00 – 10:00 p.m. – Performance