Please read this page before applying!
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible. If you do not hear from us shortly or have any questions please contact us!
WORK STUDY SCHOLARSHIPS
Save money and be a part of the BJDW team! For 2018 we are offering a limited number of work-study scholarships that cover 50% of the tuition & registration fee for all Two-Week Intensive classes. Each scholarship is worth as much as $500+ in savings (depending on classes in which student enrolls). The work involved is minimal and none of the work-study assignments conflict with two-week intensive classes or events. Examples of typical work-study tasks: assistance with office set-up, roll-taking for classes in which you are enrolled, postering for shows, etc.
Awards are made on the basis of expressed financial need (no documentation required); recommendations; availability, and order of receipt of applications. If you cannot attend the workshop without scholarship assistance you will want to apply and wait for our response before you register for classes!
Please don’t apply unless you are serious about attending. If you are awarded a scholarship you will be required to register for the workshop within ten business days.
What you need to know about our scholarships before applying:
- You must be at least 18 years old by July 20, 2018.
- Recipients are required to register for a minimum of $500 in classes (ie, will receive at least $250 discount & need to pay at least $250) withing ten business days of being awarded the scholarship.
- Recipients need to be available for possible work-study assignments as follows:
- Friday 7/20 – Sunday 7/22 (schedule TBA – please keep all 3 days open, all day unless you want to enroll in the Commercial Dance Intensive which is encouraged for advanced dancers)
- Saturday 7/21 4:30 – 5:30 p.m. – Attend mandatory meeting for all scholarship students (CDI students will be excused and you can get caught up on Sunday)
- Saturday 7/28 – Assist with theatre set-up for 1 to 3 hours between Noon and 6 p.m. (if you are in Lyrical Jazz Repertory you will not be scheduled during that class)
- If not enrolled in Performance classes, you may be asked to work the BJDW show 8/3 between 6:00 and 10:00 p.m.
- Saturday 8/4, 2:00 – 4:30 p.m. and/or 7:00-10:30 p.m. – House and/or stage crew for IDT show (and see show for free!)
- Sunday 8/5, Noon – 3:00 p.m. – Help with office or housing move-out
- Additional tasks may be scheduled at other times besides those above (your availability allowing)
- If you are coming from out of town, plan to arrive in Boulder no later than Friday 7/20 and depart no earlier than Sunday 8/5 in the evening.
- If you are staying at Varsity Townhouses, you will need to check-in on Thursday 7/19 between 3 p.m. & 11 p.m.
- If you live in the Boulder/Denver area, we could use your help with our pre-workshop set-up starting on Tuesday 7/17.
If you have minimal conflicts with the dates and times listed, we may be willing to work around your conflicts, but be aware it may impact you being awarded a scholarship. You will have the opportunity to explain any conflicts on the application form.