WORK STUDY SCHOLARSHIPS
Save money and be a part of the BJDW team! For 2017 we are offering a limited number of generous scholarships that cover 50% of tuition for most Two-Week Intensive classes. Each scholarship is worth as much as $500+ in savings (depending on classes in which student enrolls). The work involved is minimal and will not conflict with BJDW classes. Examples of typical work-study tasks: assistance with office set-up, roll-taking for classes in which you are enrolled, postering for shows, etc. None of the work-study assignments conflict with two-week intensive classes.
Awards are made on the basis of expressed financial need (no documentation required); recommendations; availability, and order of receipt of applications. If you cannot attend the workshop without scholarship assistance you will want to apply and wait for our response before you register for classes!
What you need to know about our scholarships before applying:
- You must be at least 18 years old by July 21, 2017.
- Recipients are required to take a minimum of $500 in classes (ie, will receive at least $250 discount & need to pay at least $250).
- Recipients need to be available for possible work-study assignments as follows:
- Friday 7/21 – Sunday 7/23 (schedule TBA – please keep all 3 days open, all day)
- Saturday 7/29 – Assist with theatre set-up for 1 to 3 hours between Noon and 6 p.m. (if you are in Lyrical Jazz Repertory you will not be scheduled during that class)
- Saturday 8/5, 2:00 – 4:30 p.m. and/or 7:00-10:30 p.m. – House and/or stage crew for IDT show (and see show for free!)
- Sunday 8/6, Noon – 3:00 p.m. – Help with office or housing move-out
- Additional tasks may be scheduled at other times than those above (your availability allowing)
- If you are coming from out of town, plan to arrive in Boulder no later than Friday 7/21 and depart no earlier than Sunday 8/6 in the evening.
- If you live in the Boulder/Denver area, we need your help with our pre-workshop set-up starting on Tuesday 7/18.
If you have minimal conflicts with the dates and times listed, we may be willing to work around your conflicts (but it may impact you being awarded a scholarship as well).
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible. If you do not hear from us shortly or have any questions please contact us!